Is water the only beverage you can drink during fasting?
Can you add cream or non-calorie sweetener to your coffee?
Get the full scoop on what you can and cannot drink without breaking your fast.
Approved Beverage for Intermittent Fasting:
Caffeinated Coffee or Tea – 1 Cup
Too much caffeine raises cortisol & can create insulin response which may take you out of ketosis/fat burning
The Benefits of Decaf: Studies that show that decaf helped to minimize hunger more than regular coffee.
Adds to Coffee, Tea or any beverage
- 1 Tb half & half or milk,
- Coconut or almond milk
- Do not exceed 20-30 calories in 3 hours
- No butter, Coconut Oil, etc. during fast
- Natural non-caloric sweeteners like Stevia (best), Monk Fruit Sugar, LoHan
- Herbal or decaf tea
- Bone Broth (only about 10 calories per 8oz serving)
- Water with Apple Cider Vinegar or Lemon/Lime
- Sparkling water
No juice or diet soda!
No Nutrasweet – Splenda – Saccharine