No matter what the season – soup is one of the easiest, economical, and nutritious ways to get a hearty meal without too many calories or empty carbohydrates. This busy woman recipe allows you to make homemade soup in less than 30 minutes with very little prep time. We hope you love it as much as we do! Lots of special tips at the end of the video to make your soup leftovers much tastier!
Busy Woman Organic Chicken Soup
- 2 Organic Chicken Breasts – Fresh or Frozen – Boneless & Skinless
- 1 Package Frozen Whole Grain Rice Blend (Trader Joe’s)
- 1 Onion – Chopped
- Your Choice of Veggies – Carrots, Broccoli, etc.
- Herbs de Provence
- Sea Salt & Pepper
- Place chicken (frozen or thawed) in a 3 quart soup pan
- Pour in 8 cups filtered water and add 2 tsp. sea salt
- Bring to a low bowl and cover until chicken mostly cooked (10-12 minutes)
- Remove from heat and chop chicken into small pieces & place back in water
- Add chopped onion, herbs, pepper and simmer 5 minutes
- Add firmest veggies (like carrots, turnips, butternut squash) first & cook 5 minutes.
- Add frozen rice (may omit if you add potatoes to your soup)
- Add veggies like zucchini or broccoli last and cook for 1-2 minutes
- Serve & enjoy!
Serves 8: Approx. 87 Calories, 15g Carb, 5g Protein, 1g Fat