Trying to stay lean and healthy comes with its challenges and one of the biggest is satisfying those sweet cravings. Sugar, wheat flour and and some other grains are usually not only are high in carbos, they are also known to cause inflammation and other food sensitivities for some that can inhibit weight loss as well as cause all sorts of other health havoc to name just a few joint pain, digestive disorders and even depression. Here are a few of our favorite sweet treats that are made without any wheat flour or other grain flours and use just a small amount of pure maple syrup or honey and maybe a little stevia to sweeten.
Grain free and with only 5 ingredients, these delicious treats take only five minutes to prepare and offer a healthy alternative. Eat in moderation – one or two per day – and you can stay on track with your healthy, ageless lifestyle. These cookies are approved for ALL LEVELS of the Ageless Woman Diet.
- 1 cup unsweetened sunflower seed butter (like Sunbutter)
- 6 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix together all ingredients except sun butter and stir well. Add sun butter and mix until your batter is fully combined and it starts getting thick.
- Dollop about one tablespoon of batter per cookie on a parchment covered cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until golden brown. Slide parchment paper off the cookie sheet and allow cookies to cool.
- Makes 18 cookies
Nutrition per cookie:
- Calories: 113
- Carbohydrates: 6.1g
- Sugars: 4.5g
- Protein: 3.9g
- Fat: 7.8g
Healthy & Grain Free Banana Bread
- ¼ Cup Coconut Oil
- ½ Cup Organic Raw Honey or Organic Maple Syrup
- 2 Eggs
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 ½ Cups Mashed Ripe Bananas
- 1 1/4 Cup Cassava Flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ Cup Pecans or Walnuts (Optional)
- ¼ Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips (Optional)
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine oil, honey or maple syrup, eggs and vanilla until creamy. Stir in mashed bananas. Add dry ingredients to mixture and mix well. Pour into a greased loaf pan. I recommend placing parchment paper at the bottom of the loaf pan so the bread slips right out. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 – 50 minutes.
Makes 10 Servings –
Cassava flour is grain free but not low carb so eat this as a special treat and in moderation as it is a bit higher on the carbs and sugars then our other recipes.
Approx. 188 Cal, Protein 2g, Carb 20g, Fat 11g
Without Nuts or Chocolate Chips:
Approx. 130 Cal, Protein 1.5 g, Carb 17g, Fat 6.5g
Robyn and I bring you one of our Ageless Woman Diet Favorite Recipes. Many of our women used this grain-free muffin recipe which only takes minutes to prepare to help them satisfy their carbohydrate craving and still lose weight and promote the positive cleansing benefits of our Ageless Woman Diet!
GRAIN FREE SNICKER DOODLE MUFFINS (or Cake)
• 3/4 Cup Coconut Flour
• 1⁄2 Teaspoon Salt
• 1⁄2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
• 6 Eggs, lightly beaten
• 1/4 Cup Raw Honey (For extra sweetness add 1/4 tsp. Treleafia or one dropper of LoHan)
• 1⁄2 Cup Melted Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
• 1 Teaspoon vanilla
• 3/4 Cup Coconut or Almond Milk (unsweetened)
• 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
• 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon ( plus extra to sprinkle)
• Monk Sugar in the Raw to Sprinkle
Preheat oven to 375 ̊F
In a medium size bowl, mix eggs with a whisk. Add raw honey, melted coconut oil, coconut milk, apple cider vinegar & vanilla to egg mixture and whisk until combined. Combine coconut flour with salt, baking soda and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until combined into a batter. Batter will thicken gradually as liquid ingredients get absorbed.
MUFFINS: Spoon batter into un-greased muffin tins filling 1/2 full. Sprinkle with cinnamon and monk sugar in the raw, then top off muffin tins with remaining batter and sprinkle again.
Bake for 20-22 minutes or until cooked through middle and starting to turn golden on the edges and top.
CAKE: Spoon batter into an 8×8 pan and sprinkle top with cinnamon and monk sugar in the raw. Bake 24-26 minutes. Be careful not to eat too large a portion – still 12 servings!
Serves: 12 Muffins Approx. 160 Calories, 9g Carb, 3.5g Protein, 12g fat per muffin