Who Doesn’t Love Cookies?
But, how can you stay lean and healthy and especially avoid the inflammatory effects from the unhealthy veggie oils and grains found in most recipes or packaged products? Sun Cookies to the rescue!
Grain free and with only 5 ingredients, these delicious treats take only five minutes to prepare and offer a healthy alternative. Eat in moderation – one or two per day – and you can stay on track with your healthy, ageless lifestyle. These cookies are approved for ALL LEVELS of the Ageless Woman Diet.
- 1 cup unsweetened sunflower seed butter (like Sunbutter)
- 6 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix together all ingredients except sun butter and stir well. Add sun butter and mix until your batter is fully combined and it starts getting thick.
- Dollop about one tablespoon of batter per cookie on a parchment covered cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until golden brown. Slide parchment paper off the cookie sheet and allow cookies to cool.
- Makes 18 cookies
Nutrition per cookie:
- Calories: 113
- Carbohydrates: 6.1g
- Sugars: 4.5g
- Protein: 3.9g
- Fat: 7.8g