On this episode of Ageless Woman Cooking, we give you a few great cooking and ageless nutrition tips in addition to showing you a fast and super nutritious soup that you and your family will love. By the way, use sweet potatoes in this recipe and it can be included in our Ageless Woman Diet eating plan.
Scroll Down To Watch Video
Kale Potato Soup
- One pound spicy chicken sausage (or any meat you choose)
- If unseasoned meat, choose your favorite spices (thyme, cayenne pepper, Herbs de Provence)
- 1.5 quarts of organic chicken or bone broth
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 4-5 Small Red New Potatoes or 1 large Sweet potato diced in small chunks
- 1 to 1.5 cups chopped celery
- 4-5 cups fresh or packaged kale (chopped)
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk
- Brown chicken sausage or meat of your choice
- Set broth to boil
- Chop veggies
- Saute onions and celery
- Add chopped potatoes to broth and cook to very soft
- Add onions and celery once onions are golden
- Add fresh Kale and cook until totally soft and shrinking
- Add salt, pepper and favorite spices
- Slowly stir in 1/4 to 1/2 cup of coconut milk based on your “creaminess” preference
Serves about 8
Ageless Tips on this Episode:
Veggie Bath: Use a biodegradable soap and a few drops of essential citrus oil or our fave. Soak your produce for 10-20 minutes (keeping baby tomatoes, blueberries, etc in their plastic shells) and then rinse thoroughly with water.
Healthy Fiber Option: PGX Capsules or Granules If you are struggling with insulin resistance evidenced in part by difficulty losing weight even when eating less calories and significant fat around your waist – this supplement may help you in your quest to control cravings, lose weight and balance your blood sugar.