Ten Things I Learned Watching My Mom Do Life
- It doesn’t matter what people think about you. It matters who you really are.
- Losing a breast isn’t that big of a deal, if it saves your life.
- Don’t let anyone steal your joy – even your husband.
- Give random gifts to people for no reason at all.
- Don’t keep score with friends and family. If you do, everyone loses.
- Take your daughters shopping. It’s a great bonding experience.
- Invest time in your children and grandchildren– they are your greatest legacy.
- Think the best of people even when they are not being their best.
- Limit advice to family members. Pray instead.
- Only God can fulfill all your needs. Lean into Him and you’ll find peace and power.
Five Things I Hope My Children Learn From My Life
- Time is more valuable than money.
- Beauty without humility and compassion is a flimsy wrapper.
- God does give us more than we can handle, but not more than He can handle.
- Watch your thoughts – they will determine your destiny.
- I love you unconditionally and “tough love” when needed is/was more painful for me than it was for you.